Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Black Forest

We ate Black Forest cake in the Black Forest! That was our saying for Wednesday. Sorry for not posting last night, but I was wiped out! We took a 15-20 minute cable car ride to the top of a mountain in the Black Forest. It was beautiful! We walked up the mountain a little farther and up to the top of a tower. At that point, we were at the 2nd highest peak in the forest. We took our picture with the LaGrange Daily News. Just driving through the Black Forest is a breathtaking experience: the small villages, the houses with the red clay shingled roofs, and the flower boxes in the windows. Dale and I are in awe at how beautiful the flowers are. It is amazing what plenty of RAIN can do for a landscape!! We have eaten some really good food here. Luckily, since we walk everywhere, we at least feel like we walk off some of those calories before we get back to our hotel.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I know how tired you get on a trip and sometimes internet access is not easy to get to but I am enjoying reading about your adventures.
I hope I did this right. I have never posted before!
Love, AUnt Judy

Unknown said...

You're doing a great writig job ...I love reading about what you're doing, and I'm right there with you. I know God is hearing praise and thanks from all of you as you experience new wonders and blessings. Enjoy!
GrA